All regular session meetings of the Carmel Mountain Ranch-RCA Board are open meetings. Homeowners who wish to address the Board are welcome to do so during the homeowner forum conducted at the beginning of each business meeting.
Here are few tips for participating:
- Put it in writing. You will get the best response if you put your question or opinions in writing prior to the meeting. This isn’t mandatory, but it helps you and the Board. Some issues may require a little research by the manager. Also, the Board can serve you better if members have time to consider your concern.
- Call ahead. As a courtesy, let the manager know that you wish to address the Board. This also allows us to notify you if a meeting is cancelled for any reason.
- Plan your remarks to last no longer than five minutes. Board members enjoy visiting with residents; however, the meeting agenda is always very full, and the five-minute limit ensures that all business gets conducted. this does not mean big issues cannot be presented. If your concern requires more time, please summarize it in five minutes, and the board will add it to the agenda for the next meeting.
- Don’t expect an immediate response. Board members don’t act independently. All issues require discussion and sometimes a vote. Sometimes an immediate answer is possible, but it is just as likely that you will not get a response until after the meeting.
- If you need information, call the manager. The purpose of the Homeowner Forum is for residents to share opinions and concerns with the Board. Residents seeking general information (like a status report on a project or the Board’s position on an issue) can get a more immediate answer from the manager.